AT 4033

I've heard this mic called the SM57 of condensers. I dunno, but I guess if they mean a utilitarian mic can be stuck on about anything with similar results, yeah, OK. But it's a very different sound, so I don't say that. These mics look like a large diaphragm, but actually are between a small and a large, at about 3/4″. I have used it mostly on acoustic instruments that pair well with the 4033's sound, and as a tom mic, which is is surprisingly good at.